Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Asian Civilisations Museum

Dear Family and Friends,

those of you who know me well are aware of my affinity to the fine arts and history of different cultures in our wider surroundings. Thus, Philipp, Philip and I spend an afternoon together in the Asian Civilation Museum, supposedly one of the best ones in Singapore. Already at the entrance I started to like the place, because I was given the chance to earn a free entry ticket by guessing the one college that has gratis tickets in our university by flashing my student ID...
The "School of Art, Design and Media" is the closest to where I stay on campus, but I did not guess quite right, but instead behaved like an honest and obedient business student
*cough, cough*





















Our time in the museum was not only educational, it was also fun, as the traditional costumes in the kid's corner might slightly hint at. If I am not highly mistaken, Philip Geiser was dressed as an ancient Chinese king (or queen?), whereas Philipp Maier and me were wearing the soldiers uniforms, including such nifty accessoires as the flag, shoes and hat.
After we got done trading tea for gold and spices, we left the place with lots of good memories about how to make silk, that Salat is not only a German dish, but rather a muslim prayer and how the famous Chinese porcellain is (or rather was) produced. We learnt how the region looked a few hundred years ago, who reigned it when and how. Yet, the most memorable moments I captured for you, dear reader in the above pictures. May you share my enthusiams about making each day a reason to smile!

Have a great Tuesday,

Mat

No comments: