Thursday, September 10, 2009

Meeting with friends in Taipei






























Dear friends and family,

so wonderfully small is the world that theoretically there is a high chance that you will know someone that knows someone who is currently nearby, even if you go to Taiwan and are stuck in a Taifun for five days. Thanks to Vicky, who the interested reader will certainly remember from the pictures of the Philippines and Singapore, I had a group of friends to hang out with as of day one. I met Karen and her friends to go to the National Palace Museum, where plenty of the Chinese History can be discovered and to a Japanese BBQ all you can eat place with Daniel and Jen. Since pretty much all of my five days in Taiwan were subject to the natural powers unleashed by the Taifun Morakat (remember, I did not even get to see the symphony of lights in HK because of it), I spend most of the rainy days inside reading my traveling literature. But when we did go out in the evenings, thanks to Karen, Daniel and Jen, I had a wonderful time.

Thanks a lot my friends,

Mat

No comments: