Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Humble Administer's Garden in Suzhou


































Dear friends and family,

Hoping that you are all doing as well as me, I share more of my one-day-adventures in China with you. On a rainy day in August my friend Minglei and me decided to go to Suzhou together, supposedly "paradies on Earth" if you can trust old Chinese sayings... well you cannot, because Suzhou was nice without a doubt, but did not come close to my imagination of paradise. I guess I will have to learn quickly how to take Chinese proverbs less literally. I still liked the day it rained and we went to Suzhou, more for the company, the fun and running-action when catching trains and eating undefined meat on a skewer than for the touristy experience. Still, this little place is worthwhile seeing, if you can spare the cash for the comparatively high entry prices.

All the best,

Mat

No comments: