Saturday, August 15, 2009

Big Wild Goose Pagoda





















Dear readers,

hopefully this message finds you very well. In my last entry I was refering to the old German saying that after your extensive meals, you should either rest, or take a thousand steps. We did opt for the thousand steps options, but only on the next day, when we visited the supposedly second best attraction of the city. I guess I must have been some other place for I was absolutely unimpressed by the seven story pagoda that was towering over Xian. The small sorrounding park did some help in covering up the rather decor-less interior of the pagoda and the seven floors helped in getting our 1000 steps in, but overall, it was again the company that made the day worthwhile while the sight could have been much better. Maybe I am a little spoiled for the picture does look okay, but on that day, I did not like it very much. The turtle statue on the way back to the bus stop was much more appreciated though.

Cheers to turles and their capabilities of escaping my good care even in an elevator,

Matti

No comments: