Saturday, October 31, 2009

Icehockey
















Dear friends on and off the ice,

I hope my lines find you well and satisfied with what you are currently doing :-), i.e. reading my blog. I did not have much to report lately, apart from reports that I have to write myself and they are boring enough for one person, so absolutely not a fit for a bigger audience.
But today (yes, I am really current again) I went to a Hockey match (the ice is just a given) and saw our University's team win 5:1 against Guelph. We saw quite a bit of action while the game was paused, up until 8 players (out of 12) had to leave the ice and cool off in a separate ice-cube. Sadly, whenever an equal number of players gets a 2 minute penalty, the teams are allowed to replenish until full capacity is reached, otherwise, we would have seen a nice two against two for two minutes. Just three minutes before the end, we had to duck collectively as the puck came flying over the glass walls directly into the ranks. We found it first and now Micheal's little boy has a trophy to brag about at school on Monday. Life could be much worse. Apart from that, life is pretty full of literature these days. I still enjoy it.

All the best until soon,

good night,

Mat

No comments: