Wednesday, October 21, 2009

1000 Island Boat Tour






























Dear friends and family,

I mentioned in my last post that we were about to head out to our Kayaking trip on Sunday morning, when the pictures of Kingston were taken. So I continue my story there, where Marion and I met the team for the day, consisting of one Italian, one Dutch and what else did I expect, two Germans.
As the Germans (what a coincidence) had offered to organize this "kayaking trip", we went first to the rental place, where we learnt that the season was already over. Inquiries at a nearby Hotel came to the conclusion that the wakes were a little too choppy and thus we ended up doing the 1000 Island Boat Tour instead. Luckily I did not need my passport, even though we crossed into the United States to admire Boldt's Castle, a billionaire's project with quite a bit of history.
If it had been a little less windy, we might have enjoyed the trip even more. I was certainly glad that we did not go out in Kayaks.

All the best and warm wishes through the wild winds,

Mat

No comments: