Friday, February 27, 2009

part time job: snake dompteur




Dear friends very near, near and far,

I wish my blog might still entertain and inform you a little bit. On the second day in the Northern Territory we went to a crocodile tour. Right before they started the actual tour they asked for volunteers to help them hold their heavy snakes. So this beautifully dry and clean Olive Python clang to my neck and I had to play tree, extending my hands. Sudden movements are strictly discouraged as they might provoke undesirable reactions by the python, who kills her prey by strangling... all this I learned with the 10 kg around my slender neck...
Asking when the beauty was fed last time, they told me... "Yunno mate, some(s)ing like 160 days for sure!" Only because the little long friend gave me a constant hug, did I stay for a little bit longer. In the end, I was not really sure whether her warm embrace was really the affection that I caused...

Get a human hug today!

Hugs,

Mat

No comments: