Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Royal Palace in Phnom Penh II
















Dear friends and family,

those of you who have been following attentively would have known that when I published "Royal Palace I" yesterday, chances are high there is a follow up. So here it comes:

On the top left you may see schoolchildren attending the afternoon prayers. Taking our shoes off for the fifteenth time that day (I wish I had worn flip flops) we kept in the background of the cool hall, respectfully refraining from capturing the ceremony on camera. Walking through the amazingly large park which is merely 50% open to the public, because the Cambodian King also enjoys his privacy, we came across all those remote "little" temples/pagodas. By the way, is anybody sure about the exact difference? Anyhow, the colorful roofs and wooden gables were beautiful.

I appreciated the white stone carving, remotely resembling the shape of the Borobudur site in Yogyakarta. Regrettably I missed that one.

I miss you as well :-)

Cheers,

Mat

No comments: