Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pre Rup **















Dear Readers,

please allow me to take you literally by the hand as I recapitulate one of the best historic-naturalistic adventures of my life. We had decided to gradually work our exposure of the many beautiful temples upwards, guarding the most stunning buildings for last. So after passing through the expensive gates (USD 40 for a three day pass) our first stop was Pre Rup, dating back quite some days until 961 when Rajendravarman (I had problems pronouncing the name as well :-) reigned. The most impressive features include the imposing brick towers dominating the surrounding plain and the lintels of the towers. People fond of colors might also be able to appreciate the harmony of color between laterite, brich and sandstone. I did only after reading it.

There is much more to come,

Cheers,

Mat

No comments: