Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My little room


Dear Reader,

having reached safe and sound after 6 hours of traveling in a freezer on wheels my first assignment in KL was to find a place for the approaching night. When the friends that I made during the bus journey, because I was unaware of the white immigration card to Malaysia, were concerned about my chances to find a bed, I was not. At least I was not until I checked out the first couple of places alongside the road... USD 20,- for a room that was hardly bigger than a storage room did not seem like the value for money I was expecting. Another room I saw for approximately 10 bucks was only to be rented out for 2 hours... go figure...
So in the end I ended up in this little place inside Chinatown where I found all I needed. Not overwhelmingly comfortable, but clean and with a balcony overlooking a busy pedestrian area and a rooftop garden full of plants, plastic chairs and backpackers.

So much for today, hope to welcome you soon again!

Cheers,

Mat

No comments: