Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Street Art in Trujillo






























Dear Friends from all over the world!!!
I hope my lines find you very well and you enjoy Summer in Europe or Winter in the Southern Hemisphere, while I am freezing in Lima.
Returning to my last post, I stopped when we were eating ice cream. To my dismay, life did not skip into an endless loop of enjoying ice-cream in the sun. So we continued our discovery tour of the Trujillo's old streets. That is when we were leaving the flowers on the central square behind and found some kids painting the streets for money. Apparently the idea had caught on and some 12-14 children were joyfully coloring the warm asphalt. Maybe we should stop more often to paint ourselves, as these kids really seemed to enjoy expressing themselves with colored chalk.

I still cannot paint to safe my life, but I am willing to admire...

All the best,

Your Mat

No comments: